Youth Media Project – Call for Applications
MAKE VIDEOS & GET PAID!
Youth Media Project is a program for community action through media involving 9 participants between the ages of 16 – 30. For 12 weeks youth work as a team to create videos expressing their visions for change in the Comox Valley, and are connected with job placements in the Valley. The project welcomes all youth, including immigrant youth, Aboriginal youth, street-involved youth and others who face barriers to employment.
TO APPLY YOU MUST BE:
- Interested in art & video
- Between the ages of 16 and 30
- Not attending school full-time
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not on EI
- Experiencing barriers to employment
- Full-time minimum wage employment (9 weeks in-class + 3 weeks job placement)
- Experience in video production, graphic design & web development
- Consultations in career development
Apply Now – Applications accepted up to February 28, 2014
Info Session: Thursday, February 27 @ 5:30pm @ Comox Valley Art Gallery (snacks provided)
- A letter of application describing your reasons for applying, your work and school experience and how this
- project is important to your future
- Suggested: support material such as a resume, art work (photographs, writing, videos, etc.)
Email your application to: director@
Or drop off your application to: COMOX VALLEY ART GALLERY, 580 Duncan Ave., Courtenay, BC, V9N 2M7
Questions? Call 250-338-6211. Space is limited – apply today
PROGRAM BEGINS: March 10, 2014 – This is a full-time 12-week program, Monday to Friday, 9:00am-3:30pm.
This project is funded by the Government of Canada & BC Creative Communities