Established in 2013, this is a program for community action through media involving 9 participants between the ages of 16 – 30. For 12 weeks youth work as a team to create videos expressing their visions for change in the Comox Valley, and are connected with job placements in the Valley.
Learn more about the project >>
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
- Interested in art & video
- Between the ages of 16 and 30
- Not attending school full-time
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not on EI
- Experiencing barriers to employment
- Full-time minimum wage employment (9 weeks in-class + 3 weeks job placement)
- Experience in video production, graphic design & web development
- Consultations in career development
- A letter of application describing your reasons for applying, your work and school experience and
- how this project is important to your future
- Suggested: support material such as a resume, art work (photographs, writing, videos, etc.)
Email your application to: director@
Or drop off your application to: COMOX VALLEY ART GALLERY, 580 Duncan Ave., Courtenay, BC, V9N 2M7
Questions? Call 250-338-6211.
This project is funded by the Government of Canada & BC Creative Communities
Collaborate – create – communicate!
How do you imagine the future of the Comox Valley?
What is your vision for change in the Comox Valley?
Create to Inspire